Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 1

States visited: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana
Lowest gas price: $2.07

Finally, the start of my journey! The day started with me packing up a few remaining odds and ends, and finally getting on the road around 8:45am. The first stop was to Ray’s house, as he had left his phone at my house the night before. He lives right near the turnpike, so I decided to go that direction. And I will probably never want to drive on the turnpike again! So many trucks, and something flew out of one and hit my windshield, taking a small chip with it. I got behind a dumptruck, and again, small rocks flew out the back peppering my windshield with yet more scratches. A girl in a blue volkswagon apparently decided she wanted to get to know me better, so she tried to merge into me. And all of that happened within the first 2 hours! But the rest of the day was pretty much uneventful, driving through some pretty countryside. The mountains around the western edge of PA through WV were quite nice, and a little unexpected. I didn’t realize I would be driving through mountains the first day! But I think that will be the last until after Yellowstone. Ohio seemed nice, it actually reminded me a lot of my trip to Montreal last year, right over the border on the way to the city. It was all flat and tons of farmland and trees. I thought I would be staying around Columbus tonight, but decided to go a little further and finally made it to a little town just over the Indiana border, I think its called Centerville, approx. 45 min. east of Indianapolis. No pictures today, but I didn’t really have anything planned for Ohio and Indiana anyway (and didn’t even realize I’d be going through West Virginia! If only for 20 minutes or so). Tomorrow is Chicago! I am planning on spending the night somewhere in Iowa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home