Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Day 2

States visited: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa
Lowest gas price: $2.09

The morning started out incredibly rainy, which put me in a foul mood. Fortunately the rain cleared well before I reached Indianapolis. The drive through Indiana was, for the most part, the same old farm/trees combo that I would soon be going crazy with. At some point during the day I crossed over a time zone, and ended up in Chicago at around noon. After driving through some less than stellar neighborhoods, I was finally able to find the downtown loop section, and have decided that Chicago is an awesome city. I tried to go up the Sears tower, but with the fog it wasn’t worth it. I took tons of pictures of the city, I hope they turn out ok because I mistakenly forgot my own camera in the car, so I had to get a disposable one. I got stuck in tons of traffic on the way out of Chicago, but eventually figured out where I was going and drove through miles of farms. I didn’t sleep all that great the first night, so I’m hoping I can get more rest tonight so I’m not in a bad mood all day again tomorrow. Tomorrow should be an easy day, just Iowa and South Dakota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home